Elsevier is sponsoring the Journal of Prostaglandins & Other Lipid Mediators (POLM) Travel Awards in conjunction with the Bioactive Lipids Conference to attract high quality submissions of original work or review articles for the POLM journal.
- The POLM Travel Awards of $750 is limited to postdoctoral students and junior faculty (Assistant and Associate Professor or equivalent)
- Individuals seeking POLM Travel Awards must meet the eligibility requirements and apply as follows:
- All nominees must be registered to attend the conference and submit an abstract.
- The awardee must agree to submit a paper to POLM following the Bioactive Lipids conference. The paper can either be an original publication or a review article. The topic can be centered on their abstract submission or another bioactive lipid related topic.
- Nominees must collect and assemble the following documents as a PDF file and email to the address below:
- A letter seeking the POLM Travel Award that clearly and concisely states the needs and benefits of attending the conference (one page limit).
- A letter from the department Chairman (or other appropriate University/Research institution official), confirming the eligibility status (postdoctoral student or junior faculty) of the applicant.
- The abstract submitted for the conference.
- A draft manuscript for review for the POLM publication. This draft does not need to be in final form. It may include a title, overview and outline for the review and/or article. This draft or overview will be taken into consideration by the panel of judges.
- Application for a POLM Travel Award DOES NOT preclude the applicant from participating in the contests for the ERF Young Investigator Awards, Santosh Nigam Outstanding Young Investigator Award or other Travel Awards. However, an application for each award must be submitted independent of the other.
- Deadline for submitting an application for the Travel Awards competition is August 16, 2019
- An independent panel of judges will select the finalists and the awards will be announced/presented at the Gala Dinner during the conference (Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2019). The winners MUSTbe present in person to receive the awards, lest they will be forfeited and presented to the runners-up at the discretion of the ERF Board of Directors.
Application and recommendation letters must be sent via email
Submission deadline date: August 16, 2019